Articles About Restoration and Repair
These articles by TCA members deal with the challenges and techniques of restoring and repairing toy trains.
Visitors may refine their pursuit of specific information by using the Search This Site function at the left, or by viewing the Popular Subjects dropdown above for topics of special interest, which are frequently updated.
- Building a 10E Bild-a-loco. After a frame for this engine was discovered, it was built back into and engine by Bradley Kaplan. September 2002
- Cleaning Trains by Clem Clement. Summer 2011
- 156 Set Restoration Lester Kramer shows how he restored the treasured set. August 2002
- Lionel Prewar Factory Samples: Paul Pullen creates his own "factory samples". Dec2002
- Louis Marx gets an Empire Builder. creating two Great Northern Alcos. by David Hess. Spring 2005
- Marx 3/16 Slope Back Tender -"Wouldn't a slope back tender look really great behind a 999?" by Dave Hess. Oct 2003
- Restoring Prewar Lionel Trains: A 514 Ventilated Refrigerator by Bradley Kaplan - Learn restoration techniques that will apply to restoring any tinplate piece! May 2002
- Saved from the Dumpster! Restoring a Lionel 402 Engine by Mike Isenberg. Dec 2002
- SUPER---OH NO!!! Evapo-rust rust remover saves the day by Bob Mintz. Summer 2011
- Will It Run pt 1 by Bradley Kaplan - An acquisition of a beat up thin rimmed #5 from York April 2002 and the challenge to get it to run again! May 2002
- Will It Run Pt 2. More on this rare thin rimmed #5 found at York! June 2002
- Will It Run Pt 3. The third part of the resotoration of this piece! July 2002
- Will It Run Pt 4. The final piece in this series...the #5 is finished! August 2002